Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Gamepad inputs? And a couple more buttons?
Hi!,

You're right, the user input mechanism is very simplistic. Straightforward, but very limited. Originally I designed tilengine to be just a back-end renderer without any kind of windowing or user input, this part was meant to be implemented on top of it -it's a graphics engine, not a game engine-. This makes tilengine very versatile because it can be integrated into any existing or custom-built game framework, but soon I realized that it could be too demanding to do quick tests and evaluate it. So I built a basic windowing system to help in quick setups, but it's not really meant to be used in production systems.

I've thought seriously about extending it a bit: adding multiple players and some more buttons, but without putting too much effort on it. Anybody interested in advanced features like keyboard/gamepad remapping and so, should consider discarding the built-in windowing and go for some game framework that already has this functionality and integrate tilengine on it.

Finally, the source code is available and can be enhanced by anyone willing to do it:
https://github.com/megamarc/Tilengine/bl...b/Window.c

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple Gamepad inputs? And a couple more buttons? - by megamarc - 08-25-2017, 05:42 AM