Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't run Python Platformer sample
How can I run the Python Platformer sample please? I tried and I have some errors

Do I need a specific version of Python?

Thanks for your answer!
Hi,
You must install Tilengine shared library separately, depending on your OS. The PythonPlatformer project doesn't include it. Please post here what errors are you getting, to confirm that this is the problem.
(02-01-2021, 05:06 AM)megamarc Wrote: Hi,
You must install Tilengine shared library separately, depending on your OS. The PythonPlatformer project doesn't include it. Please post here what errors are you getting, to confirm that this is the problem.

Here is a screen that shows the errors
The library was already here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,
Reading the error messages you can realize that Tilengine.dll is not found and can't be loaded. The file explorer tree highlights it with a question mark, meaning that the file is referenced but cannot be found. You must provide it separately, either downloading the correct version from itch.io, or building it yourself and providing additional dependencies (SDL2.dll)
I think the icon with the question mark next to the .dll files in the explorer just means the PyCharm doesn't recognise the file type.

I'm not very familiar with these kinds of issues on Windows, but it may be related to the DLL searching order on your system. Take a look here and see if it helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...arch-order
I tried to load by getting the current directory and concatenate with the file name to get the absolute path, I still have errors about Tilengine's methods
Is it normal?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bug 
Sorry, it was my fault.

In release 2.8.5 I removed some unused functions, but the binding was still trying to find them. I updated the binding in PythonPlatformer, just update your working copy and let me know if it works now.
(02-02-2021, 05:05 AM)megamarc Wrote: Sorry, it was my fault.

In release 2.8.5 I removed some unused functions, but the binding was still trying to find them. I updated the binding in PythonPlatformer, just update your working copy and let me know if it works now.

Thanks! It works fine now!
Perfect!
Let me know if you get stuck somewhere else, can be something wrong on my side