Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i cant install title engine
for some reason when i try install tile engine it just shuts down the exe do i have to have windows 10 because i have 7
What .exe file are you trying to run? To install Tilengine in Vindows, you have to execute the file "install.bat" located in the root folder of tilengine. You don't need Windows 10, this software runs fine in Windows XP and later.
(09-03-2017, 03:57 AM)megamarc Wrote: What .exe file are you trying to run? To install Tilengine in Vindows, you have to execute the file "install.bat" located in the root folder of tilengine. You don't need Windows 10, this software runs fine in Windows XP and later.

whenever i press the install file it just opens up and closes wait doi have to in stall visual stuidoi
Sir I would say Tilengine is installed now Smile

If you SHIFT+Right Click on your Tilengine folder and click "Open command window here" and then type "install" and press Enter, you should see the results of the install command without the window closing quickly.

As for Visual Studio, well you should be able to Google that. If that's beyond you then I think you're after a kind of "game maker" program, like Game Maker Studio (which is very awesome btw). Tilengine however is a library you're meant to include into your own programming project.
so can i make a game with this also to poor to buy gamemaker studio 2 :d
Well, it depends. Creating a retro game requires an idea, people skilled in game design, programming, graphics and music/sound, usually in a team of at very least 3-4 people (one for each category). Do you have it? Then yes, you can use tilengine to power your game. If not, sorry, you're out of luck. There are integrated commercial packages that allow you to build a game with very little programming (GameMaker Studio, Clickteam Fusion, Torque...), but they are just tools and won't do the creative part for you.
(09-04-2017, 01:00 AM)megamarc Wrote: Well, it depends. Creating a retro game requires an idea, people skilled in game design, programming, graphics and music/sound, usually in a team of at very least 3-4 people (one for each category). Do you have it? Then yes, you can use tilengine to power your game. If not, sorry, you're out of luck. There are integrated commercial packages that allow you to build a game with very little programming (GameMaker Studio, Clickteam Fusion, Torque...), but they are just tools and won't do the creative part for you.

welll i have barley any experince with game disghn by playing games and watching youtube mym codings crap and my art decent and i cant create music because im to lazy to learn. i have 2 friends who are less expernce then me saying there in without a pc so ya i think i can do it after i figure out if i put tile engine in visual studios and how
Game Maker is free if you only want to make Windows games! Seriously go try it out, there are heaps of tutorials. I've made things with it myself. You will have to do programming in it though, if you want to get serious.

If you want to use Tilengine, you will be programming more than with Game Maker. I get the feeling you will need something which has very clear A to Z tutorials that cover every step. Nothing wrong with that - it's just that Tilengine doesn't have tutorials, it's meant for people who already know what they're getting into, having to use other programming libraries to finish the job, but who want this legitimate retro look. You would be much better off with Game Maker, it's still really good at getting a low resolution retro look and you'll have a much easier time. Tilengine has the fancy raster effects though.
(09-04-2017, 07:53 AM)Domarius Wrote: Game Maker is free if you only want to make Windows games!  Seriously go try it out, there are heaps of tutorials.  I've made things with it myself.  You will have to do programming in it though, if you want to get serious.

If you want to use Tilengine, you will be programming more than with Game Maker. I get the feeling you will need something which has very clear A to Z tutorials that cover every step.  Nothing wrong with that - it's just that Tilengine doesn't have tutorials, it's meant for people who already know what they're getting into, having to use other programming libraries to finish the job, but who want this legitimate retro look.  You would be much better off with Game Maker, it's still really good at getting a low resolution retro look and you'll have a much easier time. Tilengine has the fancy raster effects though.

ok ill take your advice but you guys should make a totroil your selves you guys sound like p[ros
I'm just along for the ride - But that's not a bad idea actually Smile If I do I'll post it here for you.

megamarc is the guy who actually made Tilengine, but he's focusing on actually developing it for now, he hasn't prioritised tutorials just yet. Maybe that could be me.