Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't install Tileengine
so i downloaded  tile engine i go to the root  engine directory and type sudo install
and it says this
"

usage: install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
               [-o owner] file1 file2
       install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
               [-o owner] file1 ... fileN directory
       install -d [-v] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...
"
NOTE: IM ON MAC

I know I'm probably being stupid

EDIT:also what category in the refrence part of the website is retro effects in
The installation on Mac OS requires that you build the source first. So, first you compile the source code, then you run the install script.

If you downloaded the binaries, you probably don't need to install. You should already have the compiled libraries for Mac OS. You will just need to reference those libraries in your projects.

Please note, Tilengine is not a program, but just a programming framework. There is no app, and no editing environment.
Yes this is a development library, if you don't know what that means, then you need to do some other learning first. I promised Megamarc I'd do a video so that anyone can set it up (so they at least know what's involved!) but I haven't made time for it because I'm trying to release a game, heheh.

As for the retro effects, the documentation hasn't been finished! But truthfully, if you pull apart the provided examples, you can see everything you need to know. There's a function there for drawing one horizontal line of pixels on the screen, and in that function you can do all sorts of things to the layers, like change their position or scale. That means the change in position or scale happens differently for each line, and bam, retro effects.