Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This is embarassing...
How do you install this? I'm on crunchbang (debian) and not used to installing things from source.

I've cloned the github page and typed "./sudo install" No such file or directory. Tried "sudo install" and I'm missing a file operand. Tried "sudo install install" and "sudo install ./install" and I'm missing destination operands.

Gulp.
Well I figured it out.

My hard drive has dealt it's last datum.

Kindly disregard this thread folks!
Sorry about your hard drive, time to get a new one
I work mostly under windows, maybe linux install is a bit broken. There's a linux command called install that may be conflicting with my own install sh
I got lucky and after a 3 hour fsck, I'm back into my linux laptop, and I got Tilengine installed without further hassle.

I can't seem to compile the samples though, so maybe not? The install command didnt throw up any errors, but make can't seem to find any of the libraries it needs.
Can you include the output of samples compilation process? They don't require any other library besides Tilengine.
Code:
gcc Barrel.o Simon.o -o barrel -L/home/aerosol/Tilengine/lib -lTilengine -lm -s -Wl,-rpath,/home/aerosol/Tilengine/lib
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpng12.so.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_read_info@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_image_width@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_set_sig_bytes@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_read_update_info@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_bit_depth@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_create_read_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_read_image@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_channels@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_init_io@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_color_type@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_PLTE@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_get_image_height@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/../../../../lib/libTilengine.so: undefined reference to `png_sig_cmp@PNG12_0'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:42: barrel] Error 1

Here ya go. FYI, I installed Tilengine with "sudo ./install" in Tilengine's root directory, and tried to compile with just "make" in the samples directory.
Double post so this doesn't get lost.

So I got it working. I had to adjust the makefile to point to the correct directory, and I also had to rebuild Tilengine from source in order for the binary to actually find libpng (which I had already installed).

Problem solved mate!
libpng in unix is tricky: some distros bundle old release 1.2, whereas other have newer 1.6. They're somewhat incompatible so library filenames are different. Watching your log, seems that tilengine was built against older release 1.2. When you recompiled it, you linked against your own libpng version so everything works now.

I'm glad you have it working, feel free to ask any other issues you may have!