Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to older version of Tilengine on itch.io
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your response. The Python bindings have been quite stable for us for a while. We haven't run into any issues up until > 2.7.0, at least for our use case. It was the revamping of the animation system in 2.8.0 that seemed to brake our game we are currently working on with the Python bindings. In the short term, we are okay using an older version of the bindings as it is stable and we are just in the phase of getting an alpha build of the game ready.

But if there is no long term plans for maintenance of the Python bindings, then may I need to consider maintaining them myself, or maybe we will convert our game to C\C++ when we are ready to move beyond the alpha build. Python has been great for quick prototyping and experimenting in our case. Another reason why we want to use 2.7.0 is because it has the nearest-neighbour interpolation when the CRT effect is disabled, which has more of the look we want.

As far as building for Windows is concerned, I got the libs working by myself and updated the project using Visual Studio 2019 (not sure if that may cause a problem?). It builds successfully, but when trying to run the game with the binary I get: OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application. With that kind of error with the DLL file it could be many issues, so it may not be enough information for you to provide a solution. It's probably something small I'm doing wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Access to older version of Tilengine on itch.io - by Daniel H. - 05-27-2020, 10:20 PM