Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to older version of Tilengine on itch.io
Hi Daniel,
I've partially updated the python binding. It still lacks some functions, but I've added many of the current features and the basic samples work again without modification.

However, due to the underlying Tilengine animation system having changed in 2.8.0, it's impossible to keep old code using sprite animations. In few words, previous sprite animations were handled by a common Animation class, whereas now they're handled by the Sprite class itself. This has many advantages and simplifies management: no need to handle separate animation slots, and each sprite has its own animation.

If you're using sprite animations in your prototype, most significant change is:

Code:
# old code
animation.set_sprite_animation(sprite, sequence, loop)

now becomes:

Code:
sprite.set_animation(sequence, loop)

And for getting animation running state:

Code:
# old code
animation.get_state()

Becomes:

Code:
sprite.get_animation_state()

I recommend you checking https://github.com/megamarc/TilenginePythonPlatformer that is updated. It uses sprite animations so you can see how to use it now, and also discards old .sqx animation descripton file, as it now uses named spriteset-based sequences introduced in release 2.4.0.

Of course let me know if you have some difficulty or need help adapting your current prototype.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Access to older version of Tilengine on itch.io - by megamarc - 06-01-2020, 09:15 PM