Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest on retro and future game projects
Smile 
Hello. I'm Uneven Prankster, writer of a few C/C++ games made with only SDL2, and some other interesting games made with engines. Currently I am working on Lone World, a platformer made with Godot Engine focused on being surreal and odd. Whilst we are indeed facing loneliness at the time I write this post, the game was not made about that topic, but about the oddity of what surrounds us.

You can check these games out on here, some of them have their source code available for preservation and poking around. Generally I like poking too with software and ever since one of my previous Math teachers had encouraged me to move forward with exploring programming, I have managed to climb up the steep yet rewarding road so I can make games for people to play. It's my dream and even in the harshest of times it brings me joy!

And old consoles also bring tons of joy. Old games which turned the constraints of hardware into creative solutions. From turning clouds to bushes to making 3D out of affine transformations! And this is why I have taken interest in Tilengine: I hope to use it in upcoming C/C++ projects and even contribute to it. The docs are lacking and that saddens me, so I'd like a ton to add info there so I don't see no more blank spaces.

Currently, I have written a beefy program testing out most of the things I want: sprites going into places, animating, wobbling, stretching and zapping at the sight of scanlines, I love it! And I am going to make a RPG using this stuff. While I may have come into a few misconceptions of mine about what some things do, reading the source code along with the samples helped a ton. Here is a photo of it!

[Image: unknown.png] 
I wish you could just mov the obstacle from the destination.

Messages In This Thread
Interest on retro and future game projects - by Uneven_Prankster - 03-25-2020, 01:13 PM