Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Completed project restructure
Hi folks,

As I've announced some days ago in this facebook note, I completed restructure of Tilengine project, due to increased complexity in maintainability.
Each binding contains its own README.md and samples.

Bindings for other languages (Java, Lua and Pascal) were submitted by other people but weren't actively maintained after commit. I can't keep as canon a feature inside the main repository that is abandoned.

With this movement I hope to be able to push updates more often to the core engine
Sounds good to me!
Seems reasonable. It would be great to see other people continue to support the engine by creating additional bindings for additional languages. But it's understandable that you would want to focus on developing and refining the core, and split the bindings out into their own projects. I'm slightly biased, as the two languages that survived this transition with their own GIT projects are the two languages I most frequently use. Still, I think this is a good approach, and leaves the door open for the community to contribute their own binding projects.

I've had a lot of fun playing around with Tilengine. I'm excited to see how it develops and changes over time.
Hi Richard,

The two languages that survived are the ones I'm maintaining myself, so they aren't going to be abandonded. I've split them to have more flexibility and get rid of unsupported features. Since then, a binding for Pascal has been put online (https://github.com/turric4n/PascalTileEngine) and another for FreeBasic is going online soon.

I'm glad to know you had fun experimenting with it!