Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Running Tilengine on PSP
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt0g7l1hhk1ns0...t.png?dl=0

as you can see tilengine is working perfectly on psp straight out of the box Tongue, well maybe a few tweaks here and there, anyone here interested in this let me know
Interesting and unexpected work Smile 

Output looks distorted in screenshot. I don't know about devkits for the PSP. Have you bypassed the SDL2-based built-in window and rendered directly to the display? I'm interested to know.
(04-19-2020, 10:38 PM)megamarc Wrote: Interesting and unexpected work Smile 

Output looks distorted in screenshot. I don't know about devkits for the PSP. Have you bypassed the SDL2-based built-in window and rendered directly to the display? I'm interested to know.

Im still using SDL2 no major changes, i was impressed that SDL2 already has psp support.  The old thing is the first 15 frames are rendered distorted then there is one perfect frame then back to being distorted again, im trying to setup PSPLINK so i can debug the app.

Im using minpspsdk with vs2015, i rebuilt the devpaks that come with it since they are really outdated
Right, been busy at work for last two weeks, but i did test tilengine with the official pspsdk along with the ps3sdk both work perfectly, so Im in the process of updating the entire MinPSPW toolchain so hopefully that will fix the issues i had.
Good news! Have you any place where to see your progress and results, or is it a private work? I'd like to see it working and get performance results with "benchmark" output test. Or at least, you may post them here.
Tests using the official sdks i have to keep private, but once i've rebuilt MinPSP I'll release everything i have so far Ive forked tilengine which has a premake5 build system added i'll put the other changes for psp there later. I've only tested with the stock SDL window.c but im thinking i might rewrite that using PSPGL
Tip for porting:

The built-in windowing module that uses SDL2 to manage the window and input, is an isolated component, independent from the rendering engine itself. Tilengine was designed to be used as a backend renderer for any host application providing its own framework. You can easily discard Window.c and use any native environment these devkits provide instead. Of course you'll lose window features (input handling, CRT effect...) but you should be able to integrate it wherever you need.

Here is the documentation explaining how to use it as a stand-alone renderer without its own windowing system:
http://www.tilengine.org/doc/autotoc_md31.html