Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love Tilengine and the 80s :D
Hello to all. My name is Stefano, I am 40 years old and since 1984 I am a lover of technology.

I have done a lot of research for many years to realize my projects (retro and C-64 and Amiga style games).

Tilengine is a very nice project, easy and satisfies almost all my wishes. I would be very happy to share my experiences and ideas with other veteran and nostalgic users like me.

I have studied various programming languages all these years, but every time I am faced with limitations, lack of documentation or radical changes to the API I use for my projects. In the end I always go back to C ++ even if I'm not a professional programmer, but C / C ++ gives you the freedom to decide how to realize the logic of your project, while the scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Lua) always found very anomalous and hostile (they are only apparently easy).

Tilengine is almost perfect in my opinion. Only the following features are missing to make it perfect:
  • Documentation always updated and with many progressive and complete examples.
  • Improvement of the included examples (Shadow and Barrel have many collision bugs and frames management).
  • The idea of including a small documentation in pdf I find it a brilliant and really beautiful thing (I really appreciated). For the occasion I ask permission to implement the Tilengine guide in LaTeX, I open a repository on github and I realize the pdf in LaTeX (I also include the source of course, so everyone can improve it). If you like my idea I begin to realize the preamble (the main.tex to configure the typographic template of the manual in A5).
To make Demoscene (crack screens in the Commodore Amiga and C-64 style) Tilengine is great! are days that I make small experiments to test effects on the text (especially these) and background. Tilengine is a 2d graphics engine so I rely on SDL2 for audio? what do you recommend?

To conclude all that I will achieve I want to release it on github and share it with the community to enrich the study material and all the resources necessary to understand the use of this magnificent engine. Thanks to the author of Tilengine, it's really a nice gift for a nerd like me who was fond of the 80s.

Greetings to all from Italy (Rome).

Messages In This Thread
I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by LordStephen77 - 12-04-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by megamarc - 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by megamarc - 12-04-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by megamarc - 12-12-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by megamarc - 12-15-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by Domarius - 08-03-2018, 08:28 AM
RE: I love Tilengine and the 80s :D - by megamarc - 08-05-2018, 05:26 PM